Project Neon will widen 3.7 miles of Interstate 15 between Sahara Avenue and the “Spaghetti Bowl” interchange in downtown Las Vegas. It’s currently the busiest stretch of highway in Nevada with 300,000 vehicles daily, or one-tenth of the state population, seeing 25,000 lane changes an hour.
- HOV direct connect between U.S. 95 and I-15
- Conversion of express lanes on I-15 to HOV
- New I-15 HOV interchange: “Neon Gateway”
- Reconstruction of Charleston interchange
- MLK realignment with flyover at Charleston
- Grand Central Parkway extension to Industrial
For Project Neon, Aztech observes the placement of all soil types in addition to the sampling and testing for backfill and roadbase. Aztech conducts concrete batch plant inspections and samples the concrete aggregates and also performs the sampling and testing of the concrete in the field. We also perform the roles of Street Inspector and Plant Inspector for hotmix asphalt as well as the sampling and density testing. Aztech also performs all of the required laboratory testing for this project.