Aztech is employed by the regions many power plant and examines the various requested materials for the presence of internal discontinuities, induced discontinuities (such as welds), and time-dependent degradation, such as corrosion, cracking and environmental damage.
Aztech’s power plant inspections are performed to the ASME boiler pressure vessel code B31.1 and section 5 or Aztech’s customer specification. Aztech uses the following methods for its power plan customers;
- Magnetic particle- fluorescent & dry powder.
- Liquid penetrant- visible and fluorescent.
- Radiography- iridium 192 source (2)
- Positive material identification (PMI)
- Ultrasonic testing-thickness and shear wave.
- Visual inspection (VT)
- Hardness testing- Brinell & Rockwell
- Welder performance qualification (WPQ) testing
Aztech’s NDT services provides the following advantages:
- Can easily locate internal structural discontinuities using visual comparison with known geometric features of the test object.
- Is applicable to most classes of materials.
- Is considered by many to be the most universal approach to volumetric examination.
- Yields a visual rendition of internal voids and fabrication errors that is readily interpretable.
- Provides a permanent record of the inspection, including evidence of the sensitivity of the test when image quality indicators (IQs) are used.