The Octavius Tower and Convention center project consists of a 23-story hotel tower, casino, central plant and parking garage. Project difficulties included limited access of the existing resort and the relocation of critical public works drainage structures and power lines within the building footprint. Marnell Corrao Associates provided the construction management for the project. Construction costs estimated at $860 million dollars.
Aztech placed 9 Special Inspectors and Field Technicians performing QAA special inspections.
- Soil grading, drilled piers, and foundations
- Structural masonry
- Exterior insulation finish system (EIFS)
- Non-destructive testing (ultrasonic, x-ray)
- Welding inspection
- High strength bolting
- Welder certifications and procedures
- Reinforced concrete testing
- Pre-stressed concrete
- Concrete and soil laboratory testing